The provision of HCMCC services is concentrated around the following aims:
1. Consultation and assistance
2. Ordering and tracking
3. Sample handling, sequencing and storage
Microbiome Sample Collection Kit
The HCMCC kit avoids the need for expensive, bulky, and inconvenient ice packs by providing several different room temperature storage media that are also compatible with multiple different molecular assays including any combination of amplicon (16S), metagenomic, metatranscriptomic, and metabolomics sequencing.
The kit further includes a culture-compatible sample using anaerobic media that yields live microbes for culture or gnotobiotic, as well as user-friendly instructions and standardized questionnaires to capture recent medications, diet, and oral and gastrointestinal health status.
Contact us for consultations, service requests, or to discuss a collaboration.
- Integrative, H.M.P.R.N.C. The Integrative Human Microbiome Project: dynamic analysis ofmicrobiome-host omics profiles during periods of human health and disease. Cell Host Microbe 16,276-289 (2014).
- Franzosa, E.A. et al. Relating the metatranscriptome and metagenome of the human gut. ProcNatl Acad Sci U S A 111, E2329-2338 (2014).
- Schirmer, M. et al. Dynamics of metatranscription in the inflammatory bowel disease gutmicrobiome. Nat Microbiol 3, 337-346 (2018).
- Franzosa, E.A. et al. Gut microbiome structure and metabolic activity in inflammatory boweldisease. Nat Microbiol 4, 293-305 (2019).